Custom Assessment activity settings provide Leaders and Co-Leaders control over the how Thinkers view or interact with Custom Assessment activities in a Session. Custom Assessment activities with similar settings include the following:
- Custom Assessment
- Multi-Step Assessment
- Pick Your Top X
- Low Medium High
- Point Range from 1 to X
- 0 to 10 Slider
- Impact and Likelihood Analysis
To open the Custom Assessment activity settings:
- From the Navigation tab, select the appropriate Custom Assessment activity. When selected, it highlights blue.
- Click on the settings gear wheel at the bottom of the activity tile, which opens the Custom Assessment dialog.
- Show Name Tags allows Leaders to choose whether Thinkers' entries display with a name tag. The name tag appears as the User’s screen name in gray under the created entry on the right. If Show Name Tags is not selected, then the description Anonymous is shown next to the username, and all entries are anonymous.
- Show Time Stamps allows Leaders to choose whether each entry displays with a creation date/time stamp. The Time stamp appears as the date and time in light gray under and on the right of the Comment.
- Allow Thinkers to change the view / see results enables Leaders to choose whether Thinkers can change the view within the activity. If this is unchecked, Thinkers in a Rank Order Vote cannot change their view from Ballot, Ballot & Comments, or Vote Results tabs. They only see the view that a Leader or Co-Leader wants them to see.
- Allow Thinkers to Abstain on Individual Ballot Items enables Leaders to choose whether Thinkers can abstain, or not vote on certain ballot items.
- Allow Thinkers to Abstain on Vote Criteria enables Leaders to choose whether Thinkers can opt to abstain, or not vote on all items for a specific criteria column.
- Allow Thinkers to Abstain on the Vote enables Leaders to select whether Thinkers can abstain on the overall vote.
Inherit Permissions when selected, maintains the permissions set in the Session Settings. The level of permissions inherited is displayed in the permission slider. The default setting for Custom Assessment is Voter.
Custom Assessment Permission Levels
Permissions define what Thinkers can and cannot do in the Custom Assessment activity.
Reviewers can view ballot items, comments, and documents, but they cannot add anything. Reviewers can also cast votes.
Voters can view ballot items, comments, and saved documents. Voters can add comments, edit their own comments, and organize comments. Voters can also cast a vote.
Editors can view, add, edit, and reorder any ballot items, comments, or documents. They can only delete their own ballot items, comments, and documents.
Co-Leaders have full permissions. They can view, add, edit, reorder, organize, and delete any ballot items, comments, and documents from other participants.
Custom permissions allow you to specify more specific permissions that do not already exist in one of the other levels. The default level of permission level is 'All'.
Limits are in place to help prevent activities from becoming too complex and degrading the performance of Sessions and client devices.
- Maximum Contributions in this Activity limits the number of entries: Ballot Items and Comments, that all users can make in the entire activity. The default is 1,000.
- Maximum level of indentation sets the number of levels that you can indent an item to make it a sub-item under another one. The default is 3 levels below the main level item.
- Maximum BALLOT ITEMS per Activity limits the number of ballot items that can be entered for this Custom Assessment. The default limit is 200. If you have more items you should divide your items into two Custom Assessment activities.
- Maximum COMMENTS per BALLOT ITEMS limits the number of comments that can be entered for each ballot item. The default limit is 300.