Collaborative activities can significantly improve and accelerate business initiatives. The key is to create a structured collaboration environment that combines business methodologies with powerful collaboration tools, techniques, and activities. ThinkTank is the first collaboration application to unify and package these capabilities as patterns of collaboration called ThinkFlows.
ThinkFlows can be adapted to support any organizational process, such as audits, Lean Six Sigma, risk management, or strategic planning. The impact on business performance is immediate, based on broader and more effective communication, as well as greater alignment and significantly less administrative effort. As a result, Leaders can deliver more thorough, faster results, while improving quality and reducing overall costs.
In the Home screen, Workspace Administrators can create and share a ThinkFlow, which is a custom row comprised of sessions, ThinkApps, documents, and videos that can be added to the row.
To create and share a ThinkFlow:
- Click on the green plus sign at the upper right of the Home screen, and select Create ThinkFlow from the drop-down menu:
- Enter a name for the new ThinkFlow, and then drag and drop the appropriate ThinkApps, documents, images, etc. to this row. You can drag-and-drop files with extensions such as .pdf, .png, .jpeg, .gif, .docx, .xlsx, etc. from your desktop or another row. An unshared ThinkFlow row is shown below.
- Highlight your new ThinkFlow row (when selected, a blue border surrounds it), and click on the Launch ThinkFlow icon at the upper right. The Launch ThinkFlow dialog opens.
- Enter the title of the ThinkFlow in the Name field.
- Click on the appropriate ThinkApps, Sessions, documents, etc. to remove from the ThinkFlow (background is blue when selected, white when not selected). By default, all items in your new row are selected and included in the ThinkFlow.
Note: If the ThinkFlow row contains a ThinkApp, a session will be created from the ThinkApp once you launch the ThinkFlow in the next step.
- Click on the Launch button. "Launching" your ThinkFlow row of sessions, documents, videos, images, etc. makes a copy of the row at the top of your Home screen.
- To ensure the newly launched ThinkFlow is 'shared' and visible for all Leaders and Workspace Administrators in the Workspace, click on the gray 'Unshared' icon at the right so it turns blue in color.
- Leaders can then download sessions, view documents, etc. from this shared ThinkFlow.
Note: Do not add too many items to any shared custom row, as it can become too unwieldy and difficult for Leaders to scroll through.
Deleting a ThinkFlow
Only Workspace Administrators can delete a ThinkFlow. To delete a ThinkFlow, select the row (when selected, a blue border surrounds it), and then click on the Delete icon at the upper right of the row. Then, click on the Delete button to confirm the deletion. Deleting the ThinkFlow does not delete the ThinkApps, Sessions, videos, documents, etc. from the workspace; only the row is deleted.