ThinkTank's Deep Linking feature enables Leaders and Thinkers to quickly share and send direct URL links to specific locations within a session, including links to specific activities, contributions, and comments. Sending these precise links can save users from manually navigating or being pulled (Magneted) to a specific location. Deep links can alleviate interruptions that occur when Thinkers join sessions late or when Thinkers need to provide asynchronous contributions, comments, and assessments in specific activities and contributions.
To send a direct link:
- Navigate to the exact location within the session. As you navigate between activities, contributions, and comments, the browser URL updates accordingly. You can copy/paste URL links from several locations:
- Highlight a specific contribution within the Categories, Ideas, or Comments (left, middle, right) column.
- Select the activity in the Navigation tab. When selected, the activity highlights blue. Note: Leaders must ensure the activity is visible to Thinkers (green dot is visible); otherwise, Thinkers are simply brought to the general session and will have to manually navigate to another visible activity.
- In a Matrix activity, open a comment by clicking on the Comments icon next to the ballot item.
- Open a comment in a Custom Assessment ballot item by clicking on the Comments icon next to the ballot item.
- After you have navigated to the precise location, copy the URL link from the browser. Depending on your selection, some URL links may be quite lengthy, so ensure you select the entire URL.
- Paste the URL into your email message or preferred means of sending the link.
Navigating to Links via Browser's Back/Forward Buttons
You can click on your browser's Back and Forward buttons to navigate to activities, contributions, comments, etc. that you have visited in ThinkTank. You can navigate up to 50 visited locations within ThinkTank.
Navigating to Links via Mouse's Back/Forward Buttons
If your mouse has the Forward/Back buttons, you can use these to navigate to activities, contributions, comments, etc. that you have visited in ThinkTank. You can navigate up to 50 visited locations within ThinkTank.
Deep Linking to Users Who Haven't Logged In
If you are given a link but you are not currently logged into ThinkTank, you will be routed to the Login screen. Upon successful login, you will be taken to the target session with the shared URL.
Deep Linking and Green Dots
- If you are provided a link to an activity that has been deleted or hidden from view in the Navigation tab, you are taken to the target session.
- If you are provided a link to a contribution or specific view (a specific column, for example) that has been deleted or hidden from view, you are brought to the activity in which the contribution or column used to exist.
- If you are provided a link to a column that is no longer visible (green dot has been disabled), you are taken to the next available and visible column. The Leader's assigned permissions always take priority.
Deep Linking to Activities with Steps
If you are provided a link to an activity containing steps, you are taken to the selected step.