Rank Order Vote settings provide Leaders and Co-Leaders control over how Thinkers view or interact with Rank Order Vote activities in a Session. Rank Order Vote activities with similar settings include the Rank Order Vote and Multi-Step Rank Order Vote activities.
To access the Rank Order Vote activity settings:
- From the Navigation tab, select the appropriate Rank Order Vote activity. When selected, it highlights blue.
- Click on the settings gear wheel at the bottom of the activity tile, which opens the Rank Order Vote Settings dialog.
- Show Name Tags allows Leaders to choose whether Thinkers' entries display with a name tag. The name tag appears as the User’s screen name to the lower right of each entry. If Show Name Tags is not selected, then the description Anonymous is shown next to the username, and all entries are anonymous.
- Show Time Stamps allows Leaders to choose whether each entry displays with a creation date/time stamp. When this setting is enabled, the date/time stamp appears to the lower right of each entry.
- Allow Thinkers to change the view / see results enables Leaders to choose whether Thinkers can change the view within the activity. If this setting is not selected, Thinkers in a Rank Order Vote activity cannot change their view from the Ballot, Ballot & Comments, or Vote Results tabs. They only see the tab view that a Leader or Co-Leader is currently viewing.
Inherit Permissions when selected, means that the Rank Order Vote activity maintains permissions set in the Session Settings. The level of permissions currently selected is displayed in the slider.The default permission for Rank Order Vote is Voter.
Rank Order Vote Permission Levels
Permission levels define what Thinkers can and cannot do in the Rank Order Vote activity.
Reviewers can view ballot items, comments, and documents but they cannot add, edit, or delete any of these. Reviewers can reorder ballot items, as this is necessary to the voting process in a Rank Order Vote.
Voters can view everything, but they can only add comments. Each Thinker can only edit his or her own contributions. Voters can reorder ballot items and organize comments.
Editors can view, add, edit, and reorder any ballot items, comments or documents, but they can only delete contributions that they have made. Editors can reorder ballot items and organize comments.
Co-Leaders have full permissions. They can view, add, edit, reorder, organize and delete any ballot items or comments made by any users.
Custom permission allow you to define specific permissions that do not already exist in one of the other Permission levels. To change the permissions, click on the drop-down and make another selection.
Limits are in place to help prevent activities from becoming too complex and degrading the performance of older browsers and devices.
Note: If you add steps to an activity, limits assigned to the activity are inherited by all steps within the activity.
- Maximum Contributions in this Activity limits the number of entries: Ballot Items and Comments, that all users can make in the entire Activity. The default is 1,000.
- Maximum level of indentation sets the number of levels that you can indent an item to make it a sub-item under another one. The default is 3 levels below the main level item.
- Maximum BALLOT ITEMS per Activity limits the number of Ballot Items that can be entered for this Rank Order Vote. The default limit is 25. If you have more items you should divide your items into two Rank Order Voting activities.
- Maximum COMMENTS per BALLOT ITEMS limits the number of Comments that users may add to each Ballot Item. The default limit is 300.