ThinkTag activity settings provide Leaders and Co-Leaders the ability to control what Thinkers view or do within a ThinkTag activity.The ThinkTag and Multi-Step ThinkTag activities contain similar settings.
To open the ThinkTag activity settings:
- From the Navigation tab, select the appropriate ThinkTag activity. When selected, it highlights blue.
- Click on the settings gear wheel at the bottom of the activity tile (shown below). By default, the ThinkTag Settings dialog opens.
Allow Thinkers to change the view / see results enables Leaders to choose whether Thinkers can change the view, or tab, within the activity. If this setting is not selected, Thinkers in a ThinkTag activity cannot change their view from the Items, Items & Tags, Tag Filter, or Item Grid tabs. Thinkers will only see the tab that the Leader is currently viewing in the Session.
- Inherit Permissions, when selected, retains the permissions that were set by the global, Session Settings. The level of permissions inherited is displayed below by the permission slider.
- The default setting for ThinkTag is Creator.
- Permissions Slider displays the level of permissions that Thinkers have for this activity.
- Permission Matrix displays the permission levels for portions of the activity.
ThinkTag Permission Levels
Permission levels define what Thinkers can and cannot do in the ThinkTag activity.
Reviewers can view list items, tags, and documents, but cannot add, edit, or delete items. With the Reviewer level of permissions, Thinkers cannot tag items, either.
Creators can view list items, tags, and documents. Creators can also add items and attach documents. Creators cannot add new Tags, but they can apply tags to items. Creators can only edit or make changes to their own contributions.
Editors can view, add, and edit list items, tags, and documents. They can apply Tags, but they can only delete their own list items, tags, and documents. They cannot remove but can edit contributions made by others.
Co-Leaders have full permissions. They can view, add, edit, and delete any contributions made by any users.
Custom settings define specific permissions that do not already exist in one of the other levels. Click on the drop-down arrow to make another selection.
Limits are in place to help prevent activities from becoming too complex and degrading the performance of a Session or client devices.
Note: If you add steps to an activity, limits assigned to the activity are inherited by all steps within the activity.
- Maximum List Items in this Activity limits the number of Items that all users can make in the entire Activity. The default is 5,000. If desired the limit can be lowered.
- Maximum List Tags in this Activity sets the number of Tags that can be created and applied to the Items. The default is 20.